Here is information for you to use in filing complaints against eBay/Paypal. It was provided by Ming the Merciless a blogger and user on http://www.auctionbytes.com
1. US Department of Justice (DoJ)
Anti Trust Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530
How to submit a complaint:
Recommend Sherman Anti Trust Act and Clayton Anti Trust Act violation complaints; restraint of trade, numerous violations of the agreement between DoJ and Ebay in 2002 regarding PayPal use on ebay and the multitude of PayPal abuse of sellers and their money.
2. Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580
Mission: The Federal Trade Commission is the nation’s consumer protection agency. The FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection works For The Consumer to prevent fraud, deception, and unfair business practices in the marketplace.
Enhances consumer confidence by enforcing federal laws that protect consumers
Empowers consumers with free information to help them exercise their rights and spot and avoid fraud and deception
Wants to hear from consumers who want to get information or file a complaint about fraud or identity theft
To report a company for a pattern and practice of suspected fraud:
The FTC doe NOT resolve individual consumer complaints. Please confine your remarks whether verbal or written to ebay/PayPal policies you believe are illegal.
Online fraud complaint form:
Suggest constant bait and switch schemes, aiding and abetting of buyer fraud, illegal deprivation of seller property, etc, etc.
3. Securities and Exchange Commission
SEC Complaint Center
100 F Street NE
Washington, D.C. 20549-0213
(above link includes information about insider trading and sending tips and complaints
Online complaint forms: http://www.sec.gov/complaint/selectconduct.shtml
Hypthetically, if I were filing an SEC complaint, I’d strongly consider:
–False or misleading statements about a company (including false or misleading SEC reports or financial statements)
– Stock price manipulation to enrich executive with stock options? Note that ebay has had several consecutive quarterly losses yet their stock has more than doubled and they’ve been buying up their own stock.
– More insider trading like Neg Meg Whitman was caught doing?
– Employees like Richard Brwer-Hay issuing incorrect and misleading public statements that could easily have the effect of deceiving investors (he was caught once, rememeber?)
5. Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA)
House Energy and Commerce Committee
House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Telephone (202) 225-3976
Fax (202) 225-4099
LOS ANGELES OFFICE
8436 West Third Street, Ste 600
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Telephone 1 (310) 652-3095
Telephone 2 (818) 878-7400
Telephone 3 (323) 651-1040
Fax (323) 655-0502
6. Attorney General’s Office
California Department of Justice
Attn: Consumer Protection Division
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244-2550
7. Attorney General’s Office
2115 State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
Consumer Protection Division: 800) 727-6432
Online complaint form: http://www.ago.ne.gov/consumer/emailforms/consumer_complaint.htm
R>Specific consumer complaints to the Attorney Generals against ebay/PayPal should be directed to the California and Nebraska
Attorney general’s Office Divison of Consumer complaints. Complaints could include PayPal holds on seller funds, ebay billing issues, PayPal confiscation of seller property, etc. PayPal complaints should be directed to both attorney generals’ office, and
ebay complaints should be sent to California.
– Emails and phone calls are fine, but SNAIL MAIL has more impact. PLEASE send all complaints with regular USPS mail.
– When filing and mailing WRITTEN complaints, spring for an extra envelope and stamp and send a copy to the San Jose Better Bureau. Little will come of it, BUT ebay MUST file a written response.
– Rep. Waxman has the ability to hold public hearings on the conduct of a business or industry. He has the power to subpoena executives past and present, past and present rank and file employees, and records. Consider the possibilities 🙂
8. San Jose Better Business Bureau
1112 S. Bascom Ave.
San Jose, CA 95128
Phone: (408) 278-7400
9. Ebay operates in all 50 states. Therefore sending copies of complaints or filing directly with your state’s attorney general’s office will make a difference if they receive enough complaints. Your can find your attorney general and consumer protection
information by using a search engine using these keywords (Your state) Attorney General Consumer Protection.
Please post this information on every relevant website and blog — especially TV news, newspaper, financial, and business media blogs and websites. This information should be posted in hundreds of location on a daily basis for maximum and persistent exposure. Remember that certain corporations hire people to disrupt blogs and that includes spamming them to bury
10. Michael Moore
Michael can do for ebay what he did for GM and do it all over again!
Filed under: Uncategorized